Carpets and rugs make our home feel more cozy and comfortable. While they add to the aesthetics, they can also hold onto allergens longer. It is estimated that over 40 million people in America suffer from indoor allergies.
Be sure to regularly vacuum your carpets. But even a carpet that is regularly vacuumed can harbor a large quantity of trapped allergens, in and around the its fibers. High pile, or long-pile carpeting are composed of long, loose fibers that provide a great place for allergens to stick and mold with abundant space to grow. On the other hand, low pile carpets have a tighter/shorter weave leaving less room for allergens to hide. However, this doe snot mean that it cannot house dust, dirt and pollen among others.
Professional carpet cleaning services can clean and dry your carpets – like no regular cleaning will. It is therefore recommended to seek professional help every 6 months. This can also vary based on the size of your family or how easily dirty your carpets get. But 6 months is a good time to reschedule your service.
We can help you with combating these allergens, but for regular maintenance of your carpets, you can look at some helpful tips from our experts.
Tips on keeping you and your family safe from allergies
- Vacuum at least once a week, with a vacuum that has a high efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter. HEPA filters remove and trap allergens, so they don’t get recirculated back into the air. Make sure to get a vacuum that is HEPA-certified and not HEPA-like.
- If you have a pet, make sure your vacuum is also designed to pick up pet hair.
- Reduce the humidity in your home so dust mites and mold cannot proliferate.
- Steam clean your carpets several times a year. Make sure there is enough circulating air to let them dry completely.
- Use the same deep-cleaning techniques for other soft fabrics in your home, including upholstery and drapery.
- Keep windows closed during allergy season and on days when pollen levels are high.
- Install an air-filtration system, which uses a HEPA filter.
THE IMPERIAL EXPERIENCE
Learn more about all the services we offer and how we can be of best service to you. Our Certified Technicians are an appointment away. Book your Imperial Experience today.
Providing zero- residue carpet cleaning in San Diego, using safer green cleaning solutions. We guarantee spotless cleaning, ensuring utmost carpet protection.
With our professional cleaning service, getting rid of emulsified dirt & allergens is easier and safer. We help you restore the appearance of your furnitures.
We use high pressure washing with green solutions, reducing the need to clean often. Striving to restoring your tile and grout to like new.
Our certified technicians are experts at removing foul order and stubborn carpet stains. Your carpet will smell like new again.
Time is crucial when it comes to water damage. Our flexibility allows for immediate assistance with all water damage restoration needs.